Kaeng Krachan National Park Thailand
- Kaeng Krachan National Park is close to Bangkok [ 3.5 hour drive ] and adjoins
the border with Myanmar to the west. Kraeng Krachan is Thailand's largest National
Park of 2,915 square kilometers in Kaeng Krachan, Nong Ya Plong of Petchaburi Province and Hua Hin of Prachuap Khiri Khan Province.
- The elevation of Kaeng Krachan National Park averages 500 meters with the highest elevation at 1,513 meters at Khao [ Mountain ] Nag ngan Nik Yauk Tong. The mountain range is limestone and granite.
- Kaeng Krachan National Park vegetation is Tropical Rain Forest, Mixed Deciduous Forest and Deciduous Dipterocarp Forest. A lot of the region is untouched wilderness. It is the watershed region for the two Provinces.
- The wildlife includes over 350 species of fauna including 58 species of mammals including the larger species of bears, elephants, tigers, deer, wild dogs, leopards, tapir, gibbons, macaques, wild pigs and civets. This is due to the extensive forests of evergreen and deciduous trees.
The major tourist places to see at Kaeng Krachan National Park are;
- Khao Phanoen Thung. This peak rises to 1,207 meters above sea level and offers panoramic views.
- River Cruises. Cruises along the Phetchaburi and Bang Kloi Rivers offer scenic river cruises.
- Wiman Cave.
- Viman Caves
- Tho Thip Waterfall
- Pha Nam Yot Cliff
- Huai Pa Ngao Waterfall,
- Than Thip Waterfall
- Mae Saliang Waterfall
- Kradang La Waterfall
- Tham Khang Khao Cave
- Hanuman Terrace [ Khao Pakarang ] scenic hill.Pa La-U Waterfall
- Huai Pa Lao Waterfall
- Chonianat Waterfall.
Kraeng Krachan National Park is part of the Western Forest Complex Thailand
- Kraeng Kachan National Park is part of the Western Forest Complex Thailand and accordingly part of the region's Biodiversity Conservation Landscapes. Accordingly the Park is not isolated but part of the greater strategy for conservation in the region.
- Kaeng Krachan N P comprises 2,915 square kilometres [ 1,125 square miles ] of which 95 % is forest. Birdwatchers can here see a vast array of species, including, woodpeckers, hornbill, broadbills, pittas, parrots, owls and eagles [ to name a few ].
- Access is very good as Kaeng Krachan N P provides for exploration by four wheel drive, a vast net work of walking paths and facilities for camping in the park, a must for night time watching of many species.
- Guides are necessary for such adventures and permits are required and obtainable.
National Parks In Petchaburi Province
- Kaeng Krachan National Park