North Thailand History
Chiang Mai Statue The 3 Kings of The 3 Lan Na Kingdoms 13th C
The Kingdoms of North Thailand
- There have been 7 Empires of significance and various Tai Kingdoms in North Thailand during the past 2000 years:
- the early Mon Empire of Haripunchai .
- the Khmer Empire of Angkor in the Lower North. Read more here...
- the Sukhothai Empire which originated in Lower North and which extended outwards. Read more here...
- the various Tai Kingdoms of Yonok, Lan Na, Nan, Phayao and Lan Xang
- the Pegu Empire (Hamsavati) of occupation for 218 years in Lan Na.
- the Siamese Tai Empires of Ayutthaya, Read more here... and
- the Siamese Tai Empire of Bangkok and their domination of the North until integration into the modern Nation.