We Are Expanding With A New Sister Site; Asias-world.com
The World Of Asia From Space
- Asiasworld offers you the finest quality images and text content
about Southeast and East Asia. Unlike many web sites our information is
written by experts and we offer to explain what is distinctive about
Asia, what to look for and what to understand about its ethnic
diversity, religions, culture and how these are reflected in art and
architecture. Many people visit Asia but fail to see and understand the
details of what they see.
- Asiasworld explores themes in each region, these are ethnic cultures, history, and the art and architecture of each ethnic group in their respective region.
- Asiasworld also explores the Asia world heritage sites, the places of significant natural beauty and offers suggested priorities on what to see and where.
- Asiasworld explains the various religions, origin myths, social and cultural concepts of Asia. In doing so we do not paraphrase the teachings of each but make simple analysis of comparisons.
Wat Pho Bangkok Buddha Image
- Thailand has in excess of 148 wildlife sanctuaries and National Parks and Marine National Parks. In our travel information guide each of these 148 National Parks is detailed individually and within each regional classification of Thailand, being South Thailand National Parks, East Thailand National Parks, North Thailand National Parks , Central Thailand National Parks and Northeast Thailand ( Isan ) National Parks and Marine National Parks. Read more here;
- The National Marine Parks provide tourists and nature lovers with the opportunity to see several major ecosystems and the distinctive plant and animal species that inhabit each of them. Thailand's Marine Parks are located in three regions of Thailand. These are  The Andaman Sea region on the west coast of Southern Thailand,  the west coast of the Gulf of Thailand and  the coast of East Thailand. Read more here;
Phi Phi Island
Every Tourist Should Understand About Thailand History To Appreciate What Is seen Here Today.
- Thailand history commences in the pre history period and then during the last 2000 years is the history of different empires and different ethnic kingdoms. These flourished over different portions and at different times over the land which now comprises the modern Thailand nation.
- These groups and periods included The Srivijaya Kingdom in South Thailand the Dvaravati Kingdom of the Mon people in Central Thailand The Haripunchai Kingdom in North Thailand The Khmer Cambodian Empire over most of Thailand and the Tai Kingdoms the Lan na Kingdom the Sukhothai Kingdom the Ayutthaya Kingdom the Taksin Kingdom and the Chakri Kingdom.
- As not all events took place in all of Thailand we have also divided Thailand history into NorthCentral Northeast and South Thailand history and therein dealt with events relevant to that part of Thailand.
- In this travel guide we inform about history of Thailand...... Read More Here
- Thailand has ten Historical Parks administered by the Thailand National Government through the Department of Fine Arts, a Division of the Ministry of Education. For your travel information guide we detail each of these. They are;
1. Sukhothai Historical Park, Sukhothai Province.
2. Ayutthaya Historical Park, Phra Nakhon Sri Ayutthaya Province.
3. Phanom Rung Historical Park, Buriram Province.
4. Sri Thep Historical Park, Phetchabun Province.
5. Phra Nakhon Khiri Historical Park, Phetburi Province.
6. Sri Satchanalai Historical Park, Sukhothai Province.
7. Phimai Historical Park , Nakhon Ratchasima Province.
8. Muang Sing Historical Park, Kanchanaburi Province.
9. Kamphaeng Phet Historical Park, Kamphaeng Phet Province.
10. Phu Phra Bat Historical Park, Udonthani province.
Travel Guide Information About Thai People
- In Thailandsworld.com we mention the major non-Tai speaking ethnic groups as well as the Chinese and major Tai ethnic groups. We detail 16 ethnic groups located in North Thailand, 5 in North East Thailand, 4 in South or Southern Thailand and 4 in Central Thailand. This list of detailed groups is still not complete and other minority groups will be detailed soon.
The Tai tribes ( of which we identify the significant groups ) are considered in the regions of Central Thailand, North Thailand, South or Southern Thailand and North East Thailand. These regions are relevant in that ethnic diversity is also varied through out the regions of Thailand. Modern Thailand is a modern political Nation now comprising what were historically numerous ethnic cultures and Kingdoms. The ethnic characteristics, belief systems, languages and lifestyles of each of all the tribes are compared also within these links. As between the Tai tribes the points of comparison are language and script, culture and art and architecture style. As between all the other ethnic tribes the points of comparison are language groups, monogamous and polygamous cultures, animist and non animist beliefs, ancestor worship or not, Indic script or Khmer based text, highland dwellers ( dry rice farmers ) or lowland farmers ( wet rice farmers ), hierarchical and non hierarchical societies, spirit beliefs and religion ( Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, Taoist, animist, etc ).