Art Culture In South ThailandThai art and architecture of the South of Thailand comprises the pre Tai periods of:
- prehistoric art which is readily visible in several popular coastal resort areas
- imported works of art from India or Indianised versions by local craftsmen in the period (3rd – 5th C)
- that of the Thailand Mon Period more in the North of the Peninsula (5th – 8th C)
- then from 8th – 11th C that of the Srivijaya Empire in Thailand period
- Following the decline of the Khmer Empire in Thailand and the emergence of the cultural dominance of the three Tai Empires (Sukhothai, Ayutthaya and Bangkok) Thai art and architecture forms on the Peninsula followed the rest of Thailand. We can also find some Chinese, Portuguese and Malay architecture in selected locations.