Phuket Island Thailand
Phuket South East Coast
- Phuket Island Thailand is a small peninsula but separated by a small bridged band of water to technically be called an island ('' Ko '' or '' Koh '' is the Thai word for '' Island '').
- Phuket is the largest of the Thailand Islands and has many of Thailand's fine beaches.
Phuket Island has an international airport and hundreds of hotels to
be an arrival center for a much greater region so that visitors should
plan excursions out and away to Ko Phi Phi, Ao Phang Nga,
Krabi, Surin Marine National Park and the other major tourist places of interest. For first
time visitors to the region Phuket is a good base for accommodation.
- Phuket is 550 square kilometers and rises to a height of 532 meters. It is located on the West Coast of The Isthmus of Kra of South Thailand in the Andaman Sea.
Phromthep Cape Phuket
The major tourist attractions are:
- The natural landscape including the beaches of Layan and Bang Tao, Pansea, Surin, Patong, Karon, Kata and Kata Noi and Nai Harn. This plus the daily boating tours to Phi Phi Islands, Ao Phang Nga Bay and the surrounding National Parks are what Phuket is realy all about. Time is precious when you fly so far to come to Phuket so we recommend you emphasis these tourist places and not be diverted to secondary sites promoted in web sites to justify advertising.
- The Taoist Temples of Put Jaw and Jui Tui
- The Aquarium
- The ruins of ancient Muang Thalang and Thalang National Museum
- Khao Phra Thaeo Wildlife Sanctuary
Phuket Town and the Baba Heritage
Festivals in Phuket
- Phuket Sporting events and regattas.