Mu Ko Similan National Park Ao Phang Nga Province
- Mu Ko Similan National Park is 140 square kilometers of conservation marine and land scape in Khura Buri District Phang Nga Province.
'' Similan '' is a Malay word meaning '' 9 '', and refers to the 9 Islands which make up the Park. These 9 islands ly in a north south direction and are named, Ko Bon, Ko Ba Ngu, Ko Similan, Ko Payu, Ko Ha, Ko Miang, Ko Phayan, Ko Pa Yang and Ko Hu Yong.
- Mu Ko Similan National Park geography is diverse with Beach Forest vegetation ecosystems and coral ecosystems.
- The marine life is influenced by the Mangrove Forests, the Coral Reefs and the Andaman Sea.
This archipelago has over 27 mammal species, 50 species of fish, 22 reptile species and 4 amphibians.
The main tourist attractions at Mu Ko Similan National Park are;
- Ko Similan Island
- Ko Hu Yong with its long beach
- Ko Si
- Pusa Rock
- Hin Dokmai
- Ao Kwang En
- Laem Prapha Khan
- Ko Bon
- Christmas Point
- Fantasea Reef
- Hin Pusa
- Hin Sam Kon
- Ko Hua Miang
- Suan Pla Lai
- San Chalam
- Khamphaeng Mueang Chin
- Mu Ko Similan Marine National Park comprising the nine Similan Islands is located west from the coast of Khao Lak and is approximately 100 kilometres north west of Phuket island. This National Park is considered to be the best Marine Park location for diving in Thailand. The Similan Islands comprise nine granite islands covered with Tropical Rainforest, surrounded by white beaches and surrounded with crystal clear waters.
The Similan Islands are;
Bangu (Island numbered number 9) which is located to the north of the
islands. The dive sites here are North Point and Batfish Bend
on the north side,
and Breakfast Bend and Snapper Alley
on the east side
, and Christmas Point and Donald Duck Bay on the west side of the Island
Ko Similan (
Island numbered number 8)
which is the largest of the nine islands.
The dive sites here are Beacon Beach and Beacon Point on the east side and Turtle Rock and Fantasy Reef on the north west side.
- (3) Elephant Rock and its dive site
Ko Pabu (
Island numbered number x)
The dive sites here are Deep Six on the north side and East of Eden on the south east side of the Island
- Ko Payu ( Island numbered number x)
Ko Miang (
Island numbered number x)
On the north west side of this island is the dive site, Stonehenge, on
the south east side also south of ajoining Ko Payu Island is the dive
site, Hideaway Bay and south of Ko Miang Island is the dive site, Bird
- Ko Payan ( Island numbered number x)
- Ko Payang ( Island numbered number x)
- Ko Muyong ( Island numbered number 1) at the southern end of the Island chain. The best dive site here is Coral Garden on the north side of the island.
- The Similan Islands are also directly south from Ko Surin to the north. For marine tourists also in the region are the Boonsung Wreck off the coast of Khao Lak, Richelieu Reef off the east side of Ko Surin and Ko Bon and Ko Tachai between Similan Islands and Ko Surin.