Nam Nao National Park North Thailand
- Nam Nao National Park comprises 966 square kilometers and covers mountain terrain in Lom Kao, Lom Sak and Nam Nao in Petchabun Province and Khon San in Chiyaphum Province. It is in the Petchabun Mountain Range.
geography of the park is rugged
mountains running north to south with the highest elevation being 1,718 meters at Mount (Doi) Chom Hot. The mountains range between 400 to 1,718 meters above
vegetation ecosystems are Mixed Deciduous Forest, Deciduous Dipterocarp
Forest, Dry Evergreen Forest and Grasslands. In the lower levels are
bamboo, palms and ferns.
- The animal species to be seen here include, Tiger, Sambar Deer, Macaque, Asian Bear, Siamese Hare and Common Muntjack. Its significance is that here we can see the larger mammals, (elephants, tigers, Barking Deer, wild cattle, Marbled Cat, Clouded Leopard, Banteng, Gaur), which have otherwise been hunted out in the North Thailand. In particular it is the last stand for Sumatran Rhino and Eld's Deer in Thailand.
- For bird watchers Nam Nao National Park his home for some 252 species of birds.
Tourist Attractions at Nam Nao National Park
Nam Nao Viewpoints, scenery and natural landscape and view of Phu (Mount) Pha Chit and Phu Kum Khao.
- Pha Hong Cave.
- Ban Paek Coniferous Forest with grassfields
- Phu Kum Khao Coniferous Forest
- Phu Pha Chit (flat topped peak) at 1,271 meters above sea level
- Phalom Phakong limestone mountain at 1,134 meters
- Tham Yai Nam Nao at Phu Nam Rin a large cave at 955 meters
Phu Lang Kongkwain Autumn Forest between December to January inclusive.
- Mon Hin Waterfall
- Tai Phranba Waterfall
- Sai Thong Waterfall
Heo Sai Waterfall