Mae Tho National Park Chiang Mai Province
Mae Tho National Park comprises 990 square
kilometers and covers mountain terrain in Hot and Mae Chaem, Chiang Mai Province.
The geography of the park is rugged
mountains with the highest elevation being 1,699 meters at Mount (Doi) Kio Rai Mong. The mountains range between 400 to 1,699 meters above sea level.
- The vegetation ecosystems are Mixed Deciduous Forest, Deciduous Dipterocarp Forest and some Pine Forest.
- The animal species to be seen here include, Palm Civet, Guar, Deer, Asian Bear, Elephant, Wild Bore, Serow and Common Muntjack.
Tourist Attractions at Mae Tho National Park
- Mae Tho Viewpoint, scenery and natural landscape (including views of Doi Inthanon.)
- Mae Lit Waterfall (18 meters high),
- Mae Aep Waterfall (2 to 15 meters high and 8 to 10 meters wide).