Khun Khan National Park
Khun Khan National Park comprises 240 square
kilometers and covers mountain terrain in Mae Chaem and Samoeng, Chiang Mai Province. This is the western side of Doi Suthep which is bewteen Chiang Mai and Khun Khan National Park.
The geography of the park is rugged
mountains with the highest elevation being 1,706 meters at Mount (Doi) Pung Kia and the lowest being about 500 meters.
The ecosystems both mountain Forest and lowland Forest.
- The vegetation ecosystems are Mixed Deciduous Forest, Deciduous Dipterocarp Forest, Pine Forest and Evergreen Forest.
- The animals species to be seen here include, Porcupine, Macaque, Squirrels, Wild Bore, Serow, Gibbon and Common Muntjack.
Tourist Attractions at Khun Khan National Park
- Samoeng Forest Viewpoint, scenery and natural landscape.
- Mae Chaem Forest Viewpoint
Than Luang Mae Sab Cave, exceptional views of stalactites and stalagmites
- Huai Tat Waterfall (a two level fall),
- Huai Mae Na Poe Waterfall (a seven level fall).