Khun Chae National Park Chiang Rai Province
Khun Chae National Park comprises 270 square
kilometers and covers mountain terrain in Wiang Pa Pao in Chiang Rai Province.
geography of the park is very rugged
and steep mountains and valleys. The mountains are formed by a variety of rock forme including igneous rock, sedimentary rock and volcanic basalt.
vegetation ecosystems are Bamboo Forest at 300 to 800 meters, Deciduous Dipterocarp
Forest at 800 to 1,000 meters altitude, Pine Forest at 1,000 to 1,500 meters altitude and Evergreen Forest above 1,500 meters.
Tourist Attractions at Khun Chae National Park
- Doi Mot scenery and natural landscape.
- Doi Langka, at 2,000 meters has excellent scenery and plant diversity
- A 1,600 square Ficus Tree
Mae Chang Khao Reservoir
- Khun Chae Waterfall (a two level waterfall)
- Mae Thi Waterfall (has seven levels and the highest level is 40 meters, it falls all year.)
- Huai Sai Khao Waterfall (a three level fall).