Khlong Wang Chao National Park Kamphaeng Phet Province
- Khlong Wang Chao National Park is located in Kamphaeng Phet Province. This Province is to the west of Lower North Thailand and is surrounded by Sukhothai, Nakhon Sawan, Tak, Phitsanulok and Phichit Provinces.
- This is a major tourist center. Kamphaeng Phet Historical Park is part of the UNESCO World Heritage listing of Sukhothai.
- When visiting Sukhothai tourists should also travel to Kamphaeng Phet which is nearby.
Khlong Wang Chao National Park comprises 747 square
kilometers and includes scenic mountains, rapids, cliffs and waterfalls
in Khlong Lan and King Amphoe Kosamphi Nakhon of Kamphaeng Phet Province and King Amphoe Wang Chao of Tak Province.
geography of the Park is rugged
mountains forming part of the Tharon Thong Chai Mountain Range which lies from north to south down the western side of Thailand. The highest elevation is 1,898 meters above sea level. The mountains generally have elevations between 200 to 1,898 meters. Here mountains are called '' Khao '' unlike the Khon Muang term, '' Doi '' for upper North Thailand and the word '' Phu '' in Thai Lao for Isan.
- The vegetation ecosystems are Mixed Deciduous Forest, Deciduous Dipterocarp Forest, Dry Evergreen Forest and Pine Forest.
- The animal species to be now remaining here include, Asian Elephant, Tiger, Asian Bear, Summer Deer, Hog Badger, Mouse Deer, Wild Boar, Siamese Hare, Gibbon, Langur, and Common Muntjack.
Tourist Attractions at Khlong Wang Chao National Park
- Khlong Wang Chao Viewpoints, natural scenery and landscape, cliffs, rivers, caves and waterfalls.
- Tham Na Cave
Tham Thep Phanom Cave
Pong Kaet and Pong Nam Ron (Hot Springs)
Pha Klom and Khao Kradan Cliffs
- Khlong Samo Kluai Waterfall (five levels of water flow and 40 meters high)
- Tao Dam Waterfall (three level flow 270 meters high with a 90 degree slope)
Khlong Wang Chao Waterfall (60 meters wide and 60 meters high)