Khlong Lan National Park Kamphaeng Phet Province Lower North Thailand
- Khlong Lan National Park is located in Kamphaeng Phet Province. This Province is to the west of Lower North Thailand and is surrounded by Sukhothai, Nakhon Sawan, Tak, Phitsanulok and Phichit Provinces.
- This is a major tourist center. Kamphaeng Phet Historical Park is part of the UNESCO World Heritage listing of Sukhothai.
- When visiting Sukhothai tourists should also travel to Kamphaeng Phet which is nearby.
Khlong Lan National Park comprises 300 square
kilometers and includes scenic mountains, rapids, cliffs and waterfalls
in Khlong Lan and Mueang of Kamphaeng Phet Province.
geography of the park is rugged
mountains with the highest elevation being 1,439 meters. The Park is a watershed fpr the Mae Ping River.
- The vegetation ecosystems are Mixed Deciduous Forest, Deciduous Dipterocarp Forest, Dry Evergreen Forest and Moist Evergreen Forest.
- The animal species to be now remaining here include, Sambar Deer, Wild Boar, Macuque, Giant Squirrel, Gibbon and Common Muntjack.
Tourist Attractions at Khlong Lan National Park
- Khlong Lan Viewpoints, natural scenery and landscape, cliffs, rivers, caves and waterfalls.
Kaeng Ko Rai rapids
- Khlong Lan Waterfall (40 meters wide and 100 meters high)
Khlong Nam Lai Waterfall (nine levels of flow of water on a black rock terrace)