Huai Nam Dang National Park
Huai Nam Dang National Park comprises 1,252 square
kilometers and covers mountain terrain in Mae Taeng and Wiang Haeng in Chiang Mai Province.
geography of the park is rugged
mountains running north to south. The park is a major watershed being a source of water to many streams, including, Huai Mae Ping, Huai Mae Chok Luang, Huai Mae Yen Klang, Huai Mae Hi, Huai Nam Dang and ultimately Mae Nam Dang, Mae Nam Pai and Mae Ping Noi.
vegetation ecosystems are Mixed Deciduous Forest, Deciduous Dipterocarp
Forest, Evergreen Forest and Pine Forest. In the lower levels are
bamboo, palms and ferns.
- The animal species to be seen here include, Tiger, Elephant, Mongoose, Porcupine, Sambar Deer, Macaque, Civets, Palm Civet, Asian Bear and Common Muntjack.
Tourist Attractions at Huai Nam Dang National Park
- Doi Kio Lom Viewpoint, scenery and natural landscape (including views of Doi Chiang Dao).
Chiang Dao Viewpoint, this is 20 kilometers from the Doi Kio Lom viewpoint
- Rafting on the Mae Taeng River.
- Pong Nam Ron Tha Pai
Pong Nam Ron Pong Dueat
- Huai Nam Dang Waterfall (a four level waterfall 50 meters high and 40 meters wide),
- Mae Yen Waterfall.
- Mae Lat Waterfall (50 meters high)
Mae Hat Waterfall (has four levels totally 50 meters high)