Wat Phra Luang Lampang North Thailand
- The most impressive site in Lampang Province is Wat Phra That Lampang Luang. This was one of the four wiangs and the site of numerous battles. It became a Burmese garrison in 1729. The Vihan was originally constructed in the 13th C and rebuilt in 1802 and the Chedi was enlarged in 1449 and 1496. Both are spectacular and are set in a walled wiang, high on an earthen mount of medieval appearance. The Lan Na art and architecture is outstanding and the fortification remains of three ramparts and two moats are impressive.
Wat Phra Luang Lampang Province North Thailand