- The modern Nation of Thailand is a multicultural society. The predominant Thai culture, identity and civilisation emerged as a by product of the interaction of the indigenous population with Tai and other immigrant peoples ( including Chinese and Indian ).
- When people call themselves ‘’ Thai ’’ they mean they are in the political sense, subjects of the Thailand nation. If explored further the word has a cultural and, for many, a linguistic sense. However not all Thailand citizens speak Thai and of those who do so it is a second language for them.
- This Thai identity in its present form is relatively recent.
- For your travel information guide we extensively detail ethnic diversity in Thailand and the resulting varieties of festivals, customs and beliefs.
- This web site has over 450,000 words about Thailand history, art, people, places to see and Thailand National Parks and other places of natural beauty in over 4,200 pages including all language versions. Accordingly we recommend you also use the ''search'' function in the top right side corner.
The World Of Asia From Space
Asiasworld offers you the finest quality images and text content
about Southeast and East Asia. Unlike many web sites our information is
written by experts and we offer to explain what is distinctive about
Asia, what to look for and what to understand about its ethnic
diversity, religions, culture and how these are reflected in art and
architecture. Many people visit Asia but fail to see and understand the
details of what they see.
- Asiasworld explores themes in each region, these are ethnic cultures, history, and the art and architecture of each ethnic group in their respective region.
- Asiasworld also explores the Asia world heritage sites, the places of significant natural beauty and offers suggested priorities on what to see and where.
- Asiasworld explains the various religions, origin myths, social and cultural concepts of Asia. In doing so we do not paraphrase the teachings of each but make simple analysis of comparisons.
Wat Pho Bangkok Buddha Image
- Thailand has in excess of 148 wildlife sanctuaries and National Parks and Marine National Parks. In our travel information guide each of these 148 National Parks is detailed individually and within each regional classification of Thailand, being South Thailand National Parks, East Thailand National Parks, North Thailand National Parks (59), Central Thailand National Parks and Northeast Thailand (Isan) National Parks and Marine National Parks. Read more here;
- The National Marine Parks provide tourists and nature lovers with the opportunity to see several major ecosystems and the distinctive plant and animal species that inhabit each of them. Thailand's Marine Parks are located in three regions of Thailand. These are (1) The Andaman Sea region on the west coast of Southern Thailand, (2) the west coast of the Gulf of Thailand and (3) the coast of East Thailand. Read more here;
Phi Phi Island
Every Tourist Should Understand About Thailand History To Appreciate What Is seen Here Today.
- Thailand history commences in the pre history period and then during the last 2000 years is the history of different empires and different ethnic kingdoms. These flourished over different portions and at different times over the land which now comprises the modern Thailand nation.
- These groups and periods included The Srivijaya Kingdom in South Thailand the Dvaravati Kingdom of the Mon people in Central Thailand The Haripunchai Kingdom in North Thailand The Khmer Cambodian Empire over most of Thailand and the Tai Kingdoms the Lan na Kingdom the Sukhothai Kingdom the Ayutthaya Kingdom the Taksin Kingdom and the Chakri Kingdom.
- As not all events took place in all of Thailand we have also divided Thailand history into NorthCentral Northeast and South Thailand history and therein dealt with events relevant to that part of Thailand.
In this travel guide we inform about history of Thailand.
Read More Here